[rfc-i] A wild thought, RE: Valid email addresses [last call "On Authors, Contributors, Editors, and overload."]

Bob Hinden bob.hinden at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 10:35:19 PST 2012

The more I think about this, the less I think there is a solution.

The set of people who have written an RFC and continue to participate in the community are the ones who would use this (or similar) service.  These are the people who it easy to find their email address from looking at other RFCs they have written, Internet drafts, posting to IETF email lists, etc.  We don't need a solution to find them.

The other set of people who have written an RFC and who are no longer active in the community are unlikely to keep an address or alias current.   I don't think there is a solution to this problem.

Bob