[rfc-i] A wild thought, RE: Valid email addresses [last call "On Authors, Contributors, Editors, and overload."]

Ross Callon rcallon at juniper.net
Thu Jan 12 09:19:16 PST 2012

It might help some if there is just some public statement that when authors find that their email address (as listed in an Internet Draft or RFC) is going to change, that they be requested to tell the RFC editor what the new email address will be (and the process to do so, which is presumably to send email to someone or something).

If this causes 1/2 of all authors to actually tell the RFC editor what their updated address is, and if the RFC editor staff keeps track of this information, then this could at least cut the "try to find a missing author" problem in half.

Ross