[rfc-i] A wild thought, RE: Valid email addresses [last call "On Authors, Contributors, Editors, and overload."]

Dave CROCKER dhc at dcrocker.net
Thu Jan 12 07:45:08 PST 2012

On 1/11/2012 11:59 PM, John Levine wrote:
> Funny you should mention that.  Just this week, the guy working on 2369bis
> said he wasn't able to find the authors of 2369, because neither of the
> addresses in the RFC work any more.

The premise is that having the role address would fix the issue, but of course,
the second half of this is requiring the owners of the addresses to keep the
forwarding entry up to date.

We are talking about something that is relatively rarely used, for most folk,
and therefore less likely to be remembered.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking