[rfc-i] last call "On Authors, Contributors, Editors, and overload."

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 12:03:41 PST 2012

On 2012-01-11 08:25, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 11:09:41AM -0800, Bob Hinden wrote:
>
>> Personally, I think it's better to drop the affiliations from the
>> first page
>
> This seems like a good idea to me.

I'm not immediately convinced. It would be very much in the spirit
of the fact that we participate here as individuals, but I'm wondering
whether there are any unexpected side effects.

One side effect that we might regard as beneficial is that it would
reduce the marketing effect ("There's a new RFC out from Djtco Networks,
they must be really up to date.").

Anyway - this is a big enough cosmetic change that I feel it would
need discussion on ietf at ietf.org.

     Brian