[rfc-i] last call "On Authors, Contributors, Editors, and overload."

Joe Touch touch at isi.edu
Tue Jan 10 11:52:30 PST 2012

On 1/10/2012 9:49 AM, Dave CROCKER wrote:
> More generally, the creation of the Contributing Authors construct
> continues to lack substantive justification. It appears to be merely the
> concession to persistent personal complaint rather than to an actual
> problem. Tenacity is nice, but ought not to be sufficient. Neither
> should mere unhappiness.

+1

A person is either an author (at which point they have an interest in
copyright, etc.) or they are not. Creating a new term here is just
complicating the matter unnecessarily.

If this is all to create a "cookie", then let's put the IETF on a
sugar-free diet ;-)

(yes, I pointed this out as a cookie, but only as a justification to get
rid of the term!)

Joe