[rfc-i] Designation of authors and editors

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Tue Jan 10 08:08:41 PST 2012

One small, but I believe significant, proposed change to "On Authors, Contributors, Editors, and overload"

> * AUTHORS or EDITORS
>
>  The designation AUTHOR or EDITOR is one that is made by the
>  individuals themselves.

This isn't correct: it is the stream that makes the designation. For instance, if an IETF stream document comes to you with Paul Hoffman as Editor, and during review I say "I re-designate myself as Author", I would certainly hope that you would not accept that unless the stream manager approves.

Proposed new wording:

The designation AUTHOR or EDITOR is one that is made by the stream manager in coordination with the individuals themselves.

--Paul Hoffman