[rfc-i] RFC Series Editor Token Pass

Heather Flanagan hlflanagan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 15:51:52 PST 2012

On 1/2/12 9:15 AM, Olaf Kolkman (Acting RFC Series Editor) wrote:
> Now that the organizational pieces are sorted out it is time for the
> series itself to get attention. That will be Heathers'
> responsibility, there are some left overs from my tenure and within
> the community there have been ideas to evolve the series. I wish
> Heather a lot of wisdom and success in defining the RFC Series
> Editor Function by leading the community to successful evolution of
> the RFC Series.
> Happy new year, over to Heather, and out.

Thank you, Olaf.  Your tact and ability to keep the RSE function moving
has been greatly appreciated.  As you've said, now that the
organizational issues are in a stable configuration, it is time for the
series itself to get attention.  There is a wonderfully challenging list
of things to get traction on, from updating the Instructions to Authors
to the dreaded ASCII and image issues.  I am not going to dive on
everything at once - that would not do anyone any good.  But I am
looking forward to getting started.

I expect my first few months to involve asking a variety of questions,
some of which will probably be ridiculous and some truly meaningful.  I
am thrilled and relieved to know I'm working in a community where I will
not have to guess at people's opinions!

Looking forward to an engaging year!

-Heather Flanagan