[rfc-i] RFC format: any discussions at the Paris IETF?

Tim Bray tbray at textuality.com
Sun Feb 26 19:35:55 PST 2012

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Joe Touch <touch at isi.edu> wrote:

> FWIW, my point is that a form that doesn't have a WYSIWYG editor is, IMO,
> DOA.

I wasn't aware of any authoring technology in which What You See
(while writing) will approximate What You Get (while reading) on a
3.5" handset, a 7" tablet, a 10" tablet, an Amazon Kindle, a 11"
MacBook Air, the 30" monitor often found on often office desktops, US
letter-size paper, and European A4.  If there is such a technology,
please do enlighten me.   If there is not, can we please stop basing
arguments based on empirically nonexistent technologies, just as we do
not base them on the behavior of the Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny.

 -Tim