[rfc-i] RFC format: any discussions at the Paris IETF?

Dave CROCKER dhc at dcrocker.net
Thu Feb 16 06:22:20 PST 2012

On 2/16/2012 6:06 AM, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) wrote:
> I am happy to start the conversation, but I'm not quite ready to pop to
> the top of my stack yet.  Right now, I'm focused on a) getting my feet
> underneath me as RSE, b) getting the Style Guide revised, and c)
> figuring out some operational issues in how to implement RFC 5620.  I
> think more serious format discussions are going to come in later this year.

Heather,

The proposal sounds like a good basis for having an informal face-2-face, to
generate discussion.  In effect, it would be a getting-acquainted chat, having a
specific topic, rather than being entirely free-form.

I think it would be fine to class it merely as 'starting a discussion' rather
than 'make decisions' or 'consider proposals' or anything indicating an intent
to take any near-term action.

d/
--

   Dave Crocker