[rfc-i] Are people actually reading draft-iab-rfcformatreq?

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Wed Dec 19 07:38:30 PST 2012

This is a serious question. Heather has not been leading the discussion on this list, but that is no reason for people to ignore her document. draft-iab-rfcformatreq explicitly says that several publication formats will be created. However, most commenters on the threads for more than a month speak of their requirements for "the RFC format".

If people ignore the changes that we are discussing and keep going back to "here is what I want in the one publication format", we will not progress. Worse, Heather will not have good input to her decision process on what the initial set of publication formats should be, and then everyone will blame her for not listening to them, even though they weren't actually talking about her proposal.

--Paul Hoffman