[rfc-i] Comments on draft-iab-rfcformatreq

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Wed Dec 19 02:15:42 PST 2012

On 2012/12/19 4:03, John Levine wrote:

> True, but since RFCs are documents for people to read, so what?  (Am I
> the only person old enough to remember typewriters that didn't have a
> digit 1 because you used the letter l instead?)

No. I remember well that when I started to use a terminal to remotely
access a computer, one of the first (and only; much of the rest I had to
figure out myself from the manual) things I was told that 1/l and 0/O
needed explicit distinction. A few years later, I was telling the some
thing to students as a TA.

Regards,   Martin.