[rfc-i] Comments on draft-iab-rfcformatreq

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Wed Dec 19 02:03:29 PST 2012

On 2012/12/19 8:12, John R Levine wrote:

> The sort of thing I'm thinking of drafts like
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-levine-tld-variant-04
>
> It's about the way that various registries handle IDNs. While it was
> possible to write it using hex Unicode values, it would have been a lot
> easier to read if we could just mention exámple.tld vs. example.tld and
> the issues of Ç and C in some scripts.

Hello John, others,

I had a look at the document (actually the -05 version). There aren't
too many examples in there with U+ notation. I'm not sure how much more
examples you would have included if it had been easier.

If you want, you can try out the stuff I put together to produce drafts
with non-ASCII text in them. It's available from
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/iri/trac/browser/draft-ietf-iri-3987bis.
Start with the HOWTO.txt, and tell me if you need help.

For those who haven't been around here until recently, here are also
pointers to actual examples where I have used non-ASCII characters in a
draft:

Unicode HTML version:
http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp/2012/pub/draft-ietf-iri-bidi-guidelines-03.html

Unicode plaintext version: