[rfc-i] Comments on draft-iab-rfcformatreq

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Wed Dec 19 02:03:29 PST 2012

On 2012/12/19 8:12, John R Levine wrote:

> The sort of thing I'm thinking of drafts like
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-levine-tld-variant-04
> It's about the way that various registries handle IDNs. While it was
> possible to write it using hex Unicode values, it would have been a lot
> easier to read if we could just mention exámple.tld vs. example.tld and
> the issues of Ç and C in some scripts.

Hello John, others,

I had a look at the document (actually the -05 version). There aren't
too many examples in there with U+ notation. I'm not sure how much more
examples you would have included if it had been easier.

If you want, you can try out the stuff I put together to produce drafts
with non-ASCII text in them. It's available from
Start with the HOWTO.txt, and tell me if you need help.

For those who haven't been around here until recently, here are also
pointers to actual examples where I have used non-ASCII characters in a

Unicode HTML version:

Unicode plaintext version:

Unicode PDF version:

ASCII-only HTMLized text version: