[rfc-i] new RFC search page (beta)

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Sun Dec 16 20:12:52 PST 2012

The checkboxes for status on the left side behave strangely. When the
page is loaded, the "Any" box is checked. When I check "Standards
Track", it stays checked. When I check something else, it gets
unchecked. When again checking "Any", all the other boxes are unchecked.
After that, it's possible to uncheck everything else by selecting "Any",
but in order to select something else, one has to first uncheck "Any".
That happens on at least Firefox and Opera.

The "RFC Search BETA" is an image, and is missing an alt attribute
(using text in the first place would be better, but a missing alt
attribute is a bad omission.

The dark-blue-on-dark-blue color scheme is giving the whole search a
somewhat unhappy feeling.

I don't know why the list of file formats needs parentheses.

The "Number" and "Date" columns have links for sorted versions, but they
use numeric sortkey ("sortkey=1"), which I'd say lead to maintenance
problems.

Regards,   Martin.