[rfc-i] new RFC search page (beta)

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Fri Dec 14 12:26:48 PST 2012

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 1:04 PM,  <rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org> wrote:
> Please try out the new RFC search page (beta) on http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php and report bugs to rfc-editor at rfc-editor.org.  In 2013, it will replace the existing search page (http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html). The primary changes from the existing search page are as follows.
>
> Additional search criteria:
> - Status
> - Stream, Area, or WG that produced the RFC
> - Publication date
> - Abstract text

This is very nice, thanks!

An option for filtering out obsoleted RFCs might be nice.

Links to the tools.ietf.org URLs for RFCs would be nice as well,
particularly the I-D history leading up to publication of the RFC.
Links to the WG charter pages (even if concluded) would also rock.

For RFCs like 4301, which is the start of a series (IPsec) it'd be
nice to have an option to show all related RFCs. Ditto RFCs 4510,
5661, etcetera.

For RFCs that update or obsolete others it'd be nice to have an option
to return links to the updated/obsoleted RFCs as well.

An option to see which RFCs refer to a returned RFC normatively (or
informatively, or both) would be lovely too.

Thanks!

Nico