[rfc-i] RFC editing tools

Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) jhildebr at cisco.com
Wed Dec 12 08:27:38 PST 2012

On 12/11/12 7:35 PM, "Nico Williams" <nico at cryptonector.com> wrote:

>On Dec 11, 2012 7:31 PM, "Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr)" <jhildebr at cisco.com>
>wrote:
>>
>> On 12/11/12 10:09 AM, "Nico Williams" <nico at cryptonector.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Now, XHTML with lots of CSS and JavaScript (I think this is Joe H.'s
>> >proposal) can work well enough.
>>
>> No, I think JavaScript inside the page should be explicitly forbidden,
>> since these docs are often loaded from your local disk, which may give
>>the
>> script different permissions than if it was loaded over the Internet.

>The JS would be for editing, not presentation.  In any case, that's not
>what i prefer.

Ok, then there's no CSS in the processing, other than jQuery selectors.

I get that you don't like JavaScript, but there's no reason why there
should only be one set of tools, or if there is, there's no reason that
they would have to be written in JavaScript.  It was just a prototype.

--
Joe Hildebrand