[rfc-i] RFC editing tools

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Tue Dec 11 15:36:22 PST 2012

On Tuesday, December 11, 2012, John Levine wrote:
> I have to say that the objections to xml often seem to boil down to
> "it sucks" without any useful explanatory detail.

There are now at least four authoring/editing tools that produce XML
in the xml2rfc schema without exposing the user to XML.  Four!  Two of
these are GUIs or BUIs.  Two are text-based and there are WYSIWYG
editors for those.  And there are nice XML editors as well to
consider.

Link to these tools (and any new ones) from the relevant RFC-Editor
and IETF pages and this excuse goes bye-bye.

Nico