[rfc-i] RFC editing tools

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Tue Dec 11 12:00:43 PST 2012

On Dec 11, 2012, at 2:54 PM, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman at vpnc.org> wrote:
> If xml2rfc++ becomes the new canonical format, and many people want to develop Internet Drafts in HTML, the RFC Editor should allow that as an input format as long as it is constrained in such a way as to be a minimal burden on the post-submission process. An HTML profile that is a straight conversion to and from the canonical XML profile would be logical. In that case, the RFC Editor should fund the creation of the conversion tool as a benefit to the RFC-writing community.

It seems to me that this is not the RFC editor's problem—it's the problem of the community of editors who want this capability.   Joe's already said that it's a matter of a few minutes work to cobble together the jquery code to make this work, so it seems like a no-brainer anyway—nothing the RFC editor need take on as a burden.