[rfc-i] Section structure, was: RFC editing tools

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 23:49:25 PST 2012

On 07/12/2012 22:09, Julian Reschke wrote:

>>> It's invalid in xml2rfc.
>>
>> Yes, but xml2rfc didn't use to error out on this.
>
> It has been doing that for years now.

Which is intensely annoying. Stylistically (excuse shouting but...)
THERE IS NOTHING WRONG with having introductory content prior to the
first subsection. The tools have no business telling me I can't
do that. At the moment, one has to insert a completely pointless
subsection header.

The moral of the story is: don't make the tools opinionated about
style. It isn't their business.

     Brian