[rfc-i] draft-iab-rfcformatreq and next steps

Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) rse at rfc-editor.org
Fri Dec 7 15:45:26 PST 2012

Hello,

(My apologies for the delay in getting this note out to this list.
Auto-completion of addresses is not always your friend.)

Thank you all for your input on the RFC Format requirements draft.
At this point, I am ready to send the draft out through the IAB
stream publication process (see RFC 4845 for details).  What this
means is that the I-D will be posted in to the IAB stream
(draft-iab-rfcformatreq) and then released for a 4-week call for
comments period, at which point I can be certain the requirements
and heads' up about changes reaches a broader community.  The RFC
Format requirements draft will be published as an Informational
RFC.

I plan to discuss my position on the RFC Format with the RSOC, IAB,
and Stream Managers before the end of this year, and with the
community at large in January.  By IETF 86 we should be in active
development mode.

I appreciate everyone's support, and I look forward to moving this
long-debated issue past the requirements discussion and on to
implementation.

-Heather Flanagan