[rfc-i] RFC editing tools

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Fri Dec 7 10:07:26 PST 2012

On Dec 7, 2012, at 12:49 PM, Paul Hoffman <paul.hoffman at vpnc.org> wrote:
> Which extensions did Joe propose that need to be in every browser, or any of them for that matter?

Joe is proposing making big sacrifices in order to present RFCs in the browser.   So all of the metadata needs to work—that is, needs to actually show up when you visit the document in the browser—or else the sacrifices are for naught.

Of course any organization can propose extensions to HTML, but these are extensions with a very small target audience.   Why would we expect them to wind up in W3C standards?   Why would we expect browser vendors to implement them?