[rfc-i] RFC editing tools

Stefan Santesson stefan at aaa-sec.com
Wed Dec 5 16:08:47 PST 2012

In line;

From:  Nico Williams <nico at cryptonector.com>
Date:  Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:02 PM
To:  Stefan Santesson <stefan at aaa-sec.com>
Cc:  RFC Interest <rfc-interest at rfc-editor.org>
Subject:  Re: RFC editing tools

> On Dec 5, 2012 3:33 PM, "Stefan Santesson" <stefan at aaa-sec.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Well,
>> >
>> > No, I don't feel I can do that. I just guess the fact that the RFC editor
>> > turns to nroff for final editing speaks for itself.
>> > Once they don't have to, I guess you have what it takes.
>
> Had the RFC Editor written this up anywhere?

Not that I know of. Maybe Alice Hagens knows.
> We who maintain I-D editing tools have reason to want to start thinking about
> this sooner than later.

I know this is not easy. And I don't have an easy solution.
One of the hard things is that there are so many possible alternatives.
I still believe in the fundamental principle to have one source format that
holds all information necessary to render all other formats, combined with
good editing tools.

/Stefan