[rfc-i] Following up from Atlanta

Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) jhildebr at cisco.com
Wed Dec 5 12:51:00 PST 2012

On 12/5/12 11:51 AM, "Nico Williams" <nico at cryptonector.com> wrote:

>Agreed.  If browsers had what I need then I might drop my request for
>text.  Eventually the browsers will all get there (and maybe Opera has
>all that I need); maybe I should preemptively stop asking for text.
>Something for me to think about.

The prototype I did allowed you to overwrite the RFC editor's default CSS
with your own fonts, colors, etc.  The idea was that if you're using the
default look and feel, you could treat the document as canonical.

>I don't buy any arguments for not putting UTF-8 in .txt files, or not
>introducing a variant of .txt that includes UTF-8.  By now just about
>everyone can display UTF-8.

As long as they can tell that it's encoded as UTF-8, or can guess with
heuristics.  If you look at the archives, you'll see a discussion about
this several months back.

--
Joe Hildebrand