[rfc-i] RFC editing tools

Nico Williams nico at cryptonector.com
Wed Dec 5 09:43:55 PST 2012

Stefan, can you describe the formatting functionality that you think
is missing from xml2rfc?

Are any of the formatting problems caused by the pagination
requirements for text rendering?

To what extent can we change the rendering requirements to make
missing formatting functionality in xml2rfc simply not necessary?

I've been trying to use LyX as an I-D editor with fair success.  But
LyX too is likely to be missing the formatting functionality that you
think we need, as being a WYSIWYM editor necessarily means giving up
some formatting freedom.

Nico