[rfc-i] Format for STDs, BCPs, FIYs

Leonard Rosenthol lrosenth at adobe.com
Thu Aug 16 07:31:21 PDT 2012

On 8/16/12 10:11 AM, "julian.reschke at gmx.de" <julian.reschke at gmx.de> wrote:

>On 2012-08-16 16:05, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
>> For the HTML-based content, I would recommend the use of EPUB 3 which is
>> based on (X)HTML5 and designed to encapsulate one or more document into
>> "publication".
>
>That doesn't seem to be a useful thing to link to on the Web.

Then I guess I am confused by your request, JulianŠ

Either you want a set of individual documents that are _only_ connected to
each other because of the fact that they linked to each other.  That's
what the web provides.

OR you want a set of documents that are actually collected together into a
new document, which is what formats such as EPUB and PDF provide. That's
not to say that you can't link to, into or out-of EPUB or PDF, of course.

Leonard