[rfc-i] hildeform

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Wed Aug 1 13:59:46 PDT 2012

On 8/1/2012 11:13 AM, Joe Hildebrand (jhildebr) wrote:
> On 8/1/12 6:05 AM, "Dave Crocker" <dhc at dcrocker.net> wrote:
>
>> I don't understand what you mean about alignment of brand, or the
>> special-casing.
>
> Alignment: Our most important outputs should look like our web brand.
> Special-casing: the independent series is not entitled to participate in
> that brand, and they might not want to anyway.

Other than standards-track labeling, I do not know what "ietf-specific"
branding is present within the rfc-specific branding...

The original point was the the top portion of an RFC presents a visual
that constitutes a 'brand' appearance for the RFC series.  (I've since
been told that trademark folk refer to this as "trade dress".)

Anyhow, I'm not seeing how any of this relates to the IETF's web brand.

d/

--
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking