[rfc-i] Next steps for the Format discussion

Yaakov Stein yaakov_s at rad.com
Wed Aug 1 09:51:12 PDT 2012

Heather

Thanks for your efforts in this regard.

I would like to add another high-level requirement - ease of use.

As I said at the mike, for a short draft I typically spend about as much time
fighting the xml2rfc tooling as I do writing the draft.
I also frequently get emails from people who ask for my help in solving problems with the xml toolset.

There really needs to be an option for writing something close to plain text,
and have a tool that automatically converts this to ID format.

As an example of such a tool is the wiki editor
which enables a syntax much simpler than full html.

Y(J)S