[rfc-i] Accessibility and figures

Joe Hildebrand jhildebr at cisco.com
Mon Apr 30 09:11:18 PDT 2012

Since I'm not one of the people that has accessibility needs (yet!), it
would be easy for me to say I'm ok with some diagrams not having accessible
alternatives, at the discretion of the author; that where it is possible and
reasonable, accessibility is a goal to aspire to.

However, that would seem somewhat insensitive of me, and I wish there were
more folks that had direct experience implementing protocols with
accessibility needs in this conversation.

The safe starting point would be that anything that isn't accessible can't
be normative.

--
Joe Hildebrand