[rfc-i] Accessibility and figures

Larry Masinter masinter at adobe.com
Fri Apr 27 09:18:52 PDT 2012

> What do you mean by "described"? Assume for a moment that you have a diagram showing the relationship between entities, such as
> Figure 1 in draft-iab-rfc-editor-model-v2. What do you propose that the accessibility text for such a diagram say?

I think the very next paragraph the next paragraph after Figure 1 in http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-iab-rfc-editor-model-v2-05.txt   is just the kind of textual accessible description of the information in the diagram I meant.

(That's the paragraph starting with "In this model ...")

Now, the diagram has marginally more information: You don't have to read RFC 4844 to see what the four existing streams of documents are.
There are links in the diagram that aren't described in the text, but I don't think those links are very useful  (it's suspicious to have a box labeled "Community at Large" as if it were a single entity), and many of the diagrammed relationships are not apparent from the diagram (ISOC and RSOC).  But the diagram is there for illustrative purposes, and all of the relationships that are interesting seem to me to be described in the text or at least in referenced documents.

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net