[rfc-i] Illustrations, graphics, and normative-ness

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Thu Apr 26 19:44:25 PDT 2012

>Do others agree? Disagree?

This whole argument seems pretty pointless to me if the graphics can't
be normative.  There are some things that lend themselves to
presentation as pictures, e.g., state diagrams as boxes and arrows
rather than tagged items with a list after each item of the tags of
the items that can follow.

To cross threads a little, there are some people who would like
followup reports to experimental RFCs.  The report we're working on
has some tables of numbers.  The current tables are pretty small, but
if they were any bigger, it sure would be nice to have some graphs to
visualize them.  See Tufte for why high density high data graphs are a
good thing.

R's,
John