[rfc-i] Illustrations, graphics, and normative-ness

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Thu Apr 26 18:34:57 PDT 2012

On 2012/04/27 4:35, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> On Apr 26, 2012, at 10:18 AM, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
>
>> We currently have an illustration (to use the term loosely) that anyone with ASCII capability can decipher. If we allow for normative illustrations in one or more image formats without a mandatory ASCII version then we are moving up the system requirements for implementing an RFC significantly.
>
> We disagree about "significantly".

Well, moving up the system requirements from something around 1970 or so
to 1990 or a bit more MAY be called significant :-). But what really
counts is whether present or future systems can handle our stuff, not
how well 1980's hardware and software can. We are not a computer museum.

Regards,    Martin.