[rfc-i] Use of unicode

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Apr 24 13:07:35 PDT 2012

On 4/24/12 1:51 PM, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

> Of course I'm not opposed to such examples where they make sense,

That's really all we're talking about here. Can we agree that we're in
violent agreement and end this thread?

As one instance of such examples, consider the six lines at the bottom
of page 7 of RFC 5892:

 00DF; PVALID     # LATIN SMALL LETTER SHARP S
 03C2; PVALID     # GREEK SMALL LETTER FINAL SIGMA
 06FD; PVALID     # ARABIC SIGN SINDHI AMPERSAND
 06FE; PVALID     # ARABIC SIGN SINDHI POSTPOSITION MEN
 0F0B; PVALID     # TIBETAN MARK INTERSYLLABIC TSHEG
 3007; PVALID     # IDEOGRAPHIC NUMBER ZERO

It would be friendlier for those lines to be something like this:

 00DF; PVALID     # ß LATIN SMALL LETTER SHARP S
 03C2; PVALID     # ς GREEK SMALL LETTER FINAL SIGMA
 06FD; PVALID     # ۽ ARABIC SIGN SINDHI AMPERSAND
 06FE; PVALID     # ۾ ARABIC SIGN SINDHI POSTPOSITION MEN
 0F0B; PVALID     # ་ TIBETAN MARK INTERSYLLABIC TSHEG
 3007; PVALID     # 〇 IDEOGRAPHIC NUMBER ZERO

--ᏚᎢᎵᏋᎢᏋᏒ

[U+13DA] [U+13A2] [U+13B5] [U+13CB] [U+13A2] [U+13CB] [U+13D2]