[rfc-i] Guidelines for illustrations

Iljitsch van Beijnum iljitsch at muada.com
Tue Apr 24 12:16:47 PDT 2012

On 24 Apr 2012, at 0:39 , Larry Masinter wrote:

> If it is a requirement that someone can take an old RFC and start editing it to produce a new one, then having the archival form of the illustrations be in an editable vector graphic format seems a minimum, but that's problematic, if only because the field is still developing.

One thing that we could do is create a library of shapes at a list of sizes that is allowed in images. This would help most authors make their output look better and even if the original version of an image gets lost it should be fairly straightforward to recreate pretty much the same image because of the standard shapes and sizes.