[rfc-i] Small screens

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Tue Apr 24 10:52:14 PDT 2012

> Please can someone point me to the method for getting an out of the
> box Kindle (about 18months old) to display a .txt file with fixed
> width?

Basically, you can't.  You can sort of do it by making a PDF and
copying or mailing that to your Kindle, but then you're either going
to have to squint really hard if it shows a fully page on each screen
or use the Kindle's less than wonderful zooming and panning.

On the other hand, as people have mentioned before, if you have the
XML version of a document and turn it into HTML (xml2rfc, saxon, etc.)
and then into MOBI (kindlegen or calibre) it looks great and is easy
to read.

Like I said, I thought line printer format was fine until I tried to
read RFCs on my Kindle.

R's,
John