[rfc-i] Use of unicode

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Mon Apr 23 20:56:33 PDT 2012

On 2012/04/24 1:33, Joe Hildebrand wrote:

> Since I can't control what fonts the Venutians have available.  That seems
> like something we can deal with using sound engineering judgment, rather
> than getting into the explicit codepoint segregation business.

One thing I was thinking about was that the RFC editor could use a tool
that extracts all non-ASCII characters from the document and lists them
by frequency and "derived age" (that's the character property in Unicode
that tells you in which version of Unicode the character was first
encoded). Although not failsafe, that would give some clue about the
probability that the character renders reasonably.

> Other than that, +1.  The intent is that an English speaker will be able to
> to understand the document well enough to implement what it says in an
> interoperable manner.

Yes indeed.

Regards,   Martin.