[rfc-i] Use of unicode

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Mon Apr 23 10:12:36 PDT 2012

On 4/23/12 4:14 AM, Larry Masinter wrote:
> Locations:
>

> Authors' names (ID/RFC author, author of cited document)
> EAI Authors' email addresses

Do you mean that only authors of EAI specifications are allowed to
include non-ASCII characters in their email addresses?

I'd also include IRIs for the equivalent of the <uri> child of the
<author> element in RFC 2629.

> Titles of cited documents
> IRIs for cited documents

But not author names for cited documents? We could generalize to
"metadata about cited documents".

> Examples for protocols about I18N and non-ASCII characters

Again, do you mean that only protocol that are explicitly dedicated to
internationalization are allowed to include non-ASCII characters? That
might limit the applicability unnecessarily (e.g., it might be good for
protocols that include internationalization features to specify how
non-ASCII characters are used in those protocols).

> Other examples
> Unicode art
> Normative text

As you mentioned, in most instances it would probably be good to include
not only the properly-encoded Unicode code points but also the code
point numbers or names.

--ᏚᎢᎵᏋᎢᏋᏒ

[U+13DA] [U+13A2] [U+13B5] [U+13CB] [U+13A2] [U+13CB] [U+13D2]