[rfc-i] Problems and requirements for RFC Format

Peter Koch pk at DENIC.DE
Mon Apr 23 08:50:23 PDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 02:27:16PM -0400, Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) wrote:

> Because while the I-D format is definitely an IETF decision, if I choose
> something for the final published RFC that ends up requiring a great
> deal of conversion from the I-D to the published document, the IETF and
> the RFC Editor needs to understand and accept that work.

absolutely.  However, the assumption that this list 'agrees' on a significant
format change and the IETF would have to follow to its full extent appears
a bit optimistic or ambitious to me.  I'd also second Iljitsch's remark about
'core business' vs. 'third party' here.

-Peter