[rfc-i] Small screens

Paul E. Jones paulej at packetizer.com
Mon Apr 23 07:21:04 PDT 2012

I convert documents to PDF for viewing on Kindle, not only to address the
fix-width issue, but the pagination, etc.  The problem is that it's hard to
read like that.  The Kindle works great when text is designed to reflow
naturally (e.g., an HTML document), but PDFs are very friendly on Kindle.
At least that was my experience.  I've not tried in a long time, so perhaps
newer firmware makes that more friendly.

I have converted .txt files to PDF for viewing on my Android phone.  That's
more workable than Kindle, but still not ideal.  Reflowing fixed-width text
is sometimes ugly, especially with ASCII art.  Still, it's useful for
referencing something I'm already familiar with.

HTML would work great on all devices.

Paul