[rfc-i] Problems and requirements for RFC Format

Ole Jacobsen ole at cisco.com
Sun Apr 22 14:17:15 PDT 2012

I have always assumed that an I-D was a "pre-RFC" document and thus
would have to conform to the RFC format rules, give or take some
flexibility. Since the RFC series is our only permanent record, it
would seem rather odd to have a DIFFERENT format for works-in-progress
even if they never make it to RFC publication.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole at cisco.com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj
Skype: organdemo