[rfc-i] Problems and requirements for RFC Format

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Sun Apr 22 14:15:34 PDT 2012

On 4/22/2012 1:53 PM, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
>> On 22 apr. 2012, at 22:11, Dave Crocker <dhc at dcrocker.net
>>> An alternative to consider is to have all of the streams provide a
>>> collective, single policy for I-Ds, administered, say, by the RFC
>>> Editor...
>
>> I don't think the IETF should delegate authority relating to its core
>> business to a third party such as the RFC Editor.

Within the context of the IETF, calling the RFC Editor a 'third party'
is a bit odd.

Plus it already is responsible for our archival publishing which is
arguably the more important task

Plus I said that the streams would jointly set policy, not the RFC Editor.

d/
--
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking