[rfc-i] Problems and requirements for RFC Format

Dave Crocker dhc at dcrocker.net
Sun Apr 22 13:11:46 PDT 2012

On 4/22/2012 12:53 PM, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
> Whatever the rules may be, the reality is that the IESG sets the rules
> for I-Ds, and the combination of the tools team (for automated
> submission) and the secretariat (for manual submission) enforce the rules.

This makes the other streams subservient to the IETF stream, which
strikes me as inappropriate.  That yuor summary does reflect current
reality does not make it appropriate policy.

An alternative to consider is to have all of the streams provide a
collective, single policy for I-Ds, administered, say, by the RFC Editor...

That's simple and equitable.

d/

--
  Dave Crocker