[rfc-i] Problems and requirements for RFC Format

SM sm at resistor.net
Sun Apr 22 11:14:21 PDT 2012

Hi Paul,
At 09:55 22-04-2012, Paul Hoffman wrote:
>True, but irrelevant. The RFC Editor does not get to set the I-D
>format. It's not clear who does, but there's no need to push a
>constitutional issue; if the RFC Editor changes the format for RFCs,
>one hopes that the correct I* body will change the format for I-Ds.

There isn't really an I-D format.  There are the guidelines to
authors of I-Ds ( http://www.ietf.org/ietf-ftp/1id-guidelines.html ).
It seems that nobody polices I-Ds.  It might be futile anyway unless
you want to take action in cases where someone obfuscates information
relating to authorship.  The only problem is IPR.

Regards,
-sm