[rfc-i] Problems and requirements for RFC Format

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Apr 18 05:22:10 PDT 2012

On 4/18/12 1:00 AM, Stewart Bryant wrote:
> On 18/04/2012 03:03, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

>>> I tend to agree.
>> To expand upon that statement, I must admit to being concerned about
>> people wanting to include the kinds of fancy graphics one often finds in
>> whitepapers and presentations. Perhaps the answer to that concern is
>> "exercise some self-control"...
>>
>> Peter
>>
> We have a review process that roots out unnecessary complexity in
> text, why would it not root out unnecessary complexity in the figs?

Hi Stewart,

Well, for one, we have decades of experience with rooting out complexity
and lack of clarity (etc.) in text. We have a lot less experience with
rooting out complexity and lack of clarity in figures. That doesn't mean
we can't gain such experience, but the learning process could be painful.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/