[rfc-i] Problems and requirements for RFC Format

"Martin J. Dürst" duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp
Tue Apr 17 18:53:04 PDT 2012

On 2012/04/18 7:01, Joe Touch wrote:
> Hi, Heather,
>
> Your summary looks good, except that I worry that it's so complete as to
> ensure it cannot be satisfied.
>
> Some omissions I note, though (from the discussion; these aren't my
> personal requirements):
>
> (at all phases) "Ability to denote protocol examples using the character
> sets those examples support". This is a variant of "Respect for authors'
> names", but is more technically-oriented.

Yes, non-ASCII in examples is very helpful in some cases. However, the
wording above may be confusing, because "character set" is sometimes
(e.g. in MIME) used to stand for character encoding.

What about the following wording:

"Need to be able to use non-ASCII characters in author's names and in
examples."

Regards,   Martin.