[rfc-i] Equations as graphics

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Tue Apr 17 18:04:38 PDT 2012

A few people have differentiated equations from graphics for the requirements. Why? That is, if we have "graphics", that could include equations. The only thing that is lost in equations-show-as-graphics is that the symbols and variable names are not searchable. It is safe to assume that the variable names all appear in the text, and no one is really going to search for RFCs that contain sigmas.

Equations-shown-as-graphics are a possible simplification to the requirements that still gets us the kind of display we want.

--Paul Hoffman