[rfc-i] Problems and requirements for RFC Format

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Tue Apr 17 16:05:55 PDT 2012

I concur with the concern that these lists are already too long,
but what the heck, here's a few more.

>Draft-Edit (what authors worry about when writing an I-D)

* Let authors use their preferred tools to edit drafts, no matter how
  lame
* Ability to tag document features (for us control freaks who want
  to do so)
* Non-ASCII characters in description or examples when appropriate
* Include equations (which are not the same as graphics, since they
  are input and formatted differently)
* Include graphics beyond ASCII art

>Draft-Review (what authors, Ads, and working groups worry about when
>reviewing an I-D)

* Same non-ASCII as for authors

>RFC-Edit (what RFC editors worry about when editing a document)

* Separate equations and graphics, as above

R's,
John