[rfc-i] Withdrawing Authors, Editors, and Contributors doc

Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) rse at rfc-editor.org
Mon Apr 16 10:55:32 PDT 2012

Hello everyone -

A few months ago, I sent out a document for review (Authors,
Contributors, Editors, and overload" to the rfc-interest list
(http://www.rfc-editor.org/pipermail/rfc-interest/2012-January/002840.html)
and my advisory group.  The overwhelming feedback regarding the
creation and standardization of a Contributing Authors section and
potential modification to the authors and affiliations on the main
page was negative.  As such, that document is being withdrawn from
consideration for becoming RFC Editor policy.

For the recurring question of number of authors and editors, we will
address this in the revised style guide (in progress).  The current policy
(http://www.rfc-editor.org/policy.html#policy.authresp) is in place until
the revised style guide is available

Thank you all for your feedback!

Heather Flanagan, RSE