[rfc-i] Referring to specific paragraphs, Re: draft-rfc-image-files-03

Larry Masinter masinter at adobe.com
Fri Apr 13 09:12:50 PDT 2012

Whatever format is chosen for distribution, it will need the equivalent of IDNits.

Some of those constraints will need to be modified. Increasing to allow Unicode characters, it is likely that we will want to restrict non-ASCII strings both in location (examples, names, citations in references), and likely in character repertoire (normalized? No private use characters or code points disallowed in IRIs? ).

If illustrations, tables, images, are allowed, it is likely we will want to at least carefully review and provide guidelines for size (both display size and byte size), color (allowed?), styling.