[rfc-i] Referring to specific paragraphs, Re: draft-rfc-image-files-03

Julian Reschke julian.reschke at gmx.de
Wed Apr 11 09:37:12 PDT 2012

On 2012-04-11 18:20, Larry Masinter wrote:
> Text/plain fragment identifiers ( http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5147)   and text/html fragment identifiers don't have enough in common to use the same method of identifying sections within RFCs that are made available both in HTML and text.

True.

But we should keep in mind that text/plain is the edge case here, as
it's... plain.

For other formats, be it (X)HTML, or PDF, we could use the same fragment
identifiers if the generator code is kept consistent.

(Of course that would only work with named or autogenerated IDs, not
identifiers based on the syntax of the media type)

Best regards, Julian