[rfc-i] draft-rfc-image-files-03

Paul E. Jones paulej at packetizer.com
Mon Apr 9 14:07:02 PDT 2012

> Editing HTML source (or XML) is just as much fun as editing binary, IMO.

I do not believe I've seen a truer statement made on an IETF list.

I will be using a friendlier editor (probably Word) and I'll write a program
to do some heavy post-processing if necessary.  I will not be using vi (as
much as I like it for writing code) to write an RFC.  I also do not want to
use an XML editor for Internet Drafts, either.

What is interesting is the fact that some people have an opinion that is 180
degrees from my own on this point, declaring that Word gets in the way of
writing text.  While I'm baffled by those statements, I'm sure they're
equally baffled by my preference to use Word.

At the end of the day, I am confident that we can normalize the output in
some agreed HTML form, regardless of the tool used.

Paul