[rfc-i] draft-rfc-image-files-03

Paul E. Jones paulej at packetizer.com
Mon Apr 9 13:00:50 PDT 2012

> Umm, I think that typing uppercase has become so second nature now that I
> MUST continue doing it whatever the proposal suggests that I SHOULD do.
> MAY I disagree?

You *may* do that, but it *should* be recognized that this is just a
carry-over from a legacy file format. ;-)

> I like tagging though, that opens up the possibility of an automatically
> generated table of normative requirements.

Agreed.  The W3C does that to, but they still seem to put normative words in
uppercase.  I don't quite understand that logic, but I think it was because
they just wanted to follow RFC 2119 as-is.

Perhaps we can get Scott to revise 2119 as RFC 7119.

Paul